The Netherlands is located in Western Europe. It is bordered to the west by the North Sea, in the south of Belgium and to the east of Germany. Dutch society is strongly connected to other cultures, the world and the business community.You can be in another European country in no time. There is plenty to see in Holland, whether you’re strolling through town, making a boat trip on the canals or lakes, laying on the beach or walking in the woods and dunes.
FACTS AND FIGURES
Check out what Brazilian students had to say about living in the Netherlands:
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE
Living Lab Biobased Brazil offers for free a number of (graduation) internship projects. These projects take place at partner institutions, such as universities and companies.To participate in the Living Lab Biobased Brazil you must meet several requirements:
1. You are undergraduate (BSc) or (post)graduate (MSc) student at UFMG, UFV, UFSJ, UFOP, UFJF or PUC Minas;
2. You have a passport valid at least 6 months beyond the planned date of departure from the Netherlands or Schengen area;
3. You must be enrolled at UFMG, UFV, UFSJ, UFOP, UFJF or PUC Minas during your period in the Netherlands;
4. We have set minimum language requirements for foreign students. Please see here for more information.
5. You can finance a stay in the Netherlands. Your scholarship/internship fee varies per project (approx. €650/month). You will need to submit a proof of funds during your visa/residence permit process. Here, you find more information about the visa-process.
CURRENT INTERNSHIP PROJECTS IN THE NETHERLANDS
Here you can find an overview of topics of the different projects in the Netherlands. The document also gives examples of previous internship and graduation projects.
If you see one or more topics (maximum of 3) that you are interested in, and you want to know if this internship on this topic available for you, send an email to Margot Verwei (firstname.lastname@example.org). The following information should be included:
Next we will contact the professor. Please, do not contact the professor or International Office yourself. We will keep you informed about the outcome.
If the professor(s) have an internship position available, we will organize an online meeting so the professor can get to know you better and you can ask questions about the internship. For this online meeting we need*:
After the meeting, the professor decides if he/she will accept you for an internship. If so, you will get information from us about the next steps of the procedure (see below). For these steps we also need a copy of the personal data page of your passport.
Keep in mind the application deadlines. We need to receive your application before 15/04 or 15/10. If you do not meet the given deadlines we cannot offer you any guarantees.
AFTER ACCEPTANCE BY PROFESSOR
a. Submit evidence that you have access to sufficient financial funds;
b. Submit a Tuberculosis Declaration and Criminal Record Declaration. You will receive the applicable forms from the International Office.
c. When you only want to do an internship in the Netherlands we have to enroll you for visa reasons in one of the study programs.You can follow classes (when this is agreed by your supervisor), but this is not mandatory.