The Netherlands is located in Western Europe. It is bordered to the west by the North Sea, in the south of Belgium and to the east of Germany. The Netherlands is a constitutional monarchy. That means that a king/queen is Head of State and that the distribution of power is regulated by the Constitution. The famously open-minded Dutch way of life is just one of the attractions of the Netherlands, which also serves up an abundance of artistic attractions. Dutch society is strongly connected to other cultures, the world and the business community.You can be in another European country in no time. There is plenty to see in Holland, whether you’re strolling through town, making a boat trip on the canals or lakes, laying on the beach or walking in the woods and dunes. Major international music stars regularly play at Dutch stadiums and smaller venues. Musicals and theatre are also very popular and with over 1,000 museums there is a lot to discover.
FACTS AND FIGURES
Check out what Brazilian students had to say about living in the Netherlands:
Our partners in the Netherlands:
Avans University of Applied Sciences: Breda, Noord-Brabant (Avans)
HZ University of Applied Sciences: Vlissingen, Zeeland (HZ)
HAS University of Applied Sciences: Den Bosch, Noord-Brabant (Avans & HAS)
NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences: Leeuwarden, Friesland ( NHL), Emmen, Drenthe
Zuyd University of Applied Sciences & Maastricht University Maastricht, Limburg (UM & Zuyd UAS)
Students went to the Netherlands since September 2016 (20 wks)
Of the students who went to Brazil recommend an internship in Brazil to other students.
General score by students for their time in Brazil.
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE
Living Lab Biobased Brazil offers for free a number of biobased internships and biobased graduation internship projects. These projects take place at partner institutions, such as universities and companies.To participate in the Living Lab project Biobased Brazil you must meet several requirements:
1. You are undergraduate (BSc) or (post)graduate (MSc) student at UFMG, UFV, UFSJ, UFOP or PUC Minas;
2. You have a passport valid at least 6 months beyond the planned date of departure from the Netherlands or Schengen area;
3. You must be enrolled at UFMG, UFV, UFSJ, UFOP or PUC Minas during your period in the Netherlands;
4. We have set minimum language requirements for foreign students. The minimum English language prerequisite is: an academic IELTS test (or equivalent*) with an overall band score of at least 6.0. As a foreign student you must provide evidence of your language competences in the form of an official certificate: IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge ESOL or via a letter from a professor. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet these requirements.
5. You can finance a stay in the Netherlands. Your scholarship/internship fee varies per project (€0 - €550). You will need to submit a proof of funds during your visa/residence permit process. Make sure you meet the requirements. The national fee for the visa procedure is €171,00
CURRENT INTERNSHIP PROJECTS IN THE NETHERLANDS
Here you can find an overview of topics of the different projects in the Netherlands. The document also gives examples of previous internship and graduation projects. From Spring 2021 there is an internship position available on LCA at Avans University (check the list with topics)
If you see one or more topics (maximum of 3) that you are interested in, and you want to know if this internship on this topic available for you, send an email to Margot Verwei (firstname.lastname@example.org). The following information should be included:
Next we will contact the professor. Please, do not contact the professor or International Office yourself. We will keep you informed about the outcome.
If the professor(s) have an internship position available, we will organize a Skype meeting so the professor can get to know you better and you can ask questions about the internship. For this Skype we need:
After the Skype meeting, the professor decides if he/she will accept you for an internship. If so, you will get information from us about the next steps of the procedure (see below). For these steps we also need a copy of the personal data page of your passport.
Keep in mind the application deadlines. We need to receive your application before 01/04 or 01/11. If you do not meet the given deadlines we cannot offer you any guarantees
AFTER ACCEPTANCE BY PROFESSOR
a. Submit evidence that you have access to sufficient financial funds;
b. Submit a Tuberculosis Declaration and Criminal Record Declaration. You will receive the applicable forms from the International Office.
c. When you only want to do an internship in the Netherlands we have to enroll you for visa reasons in one of the study programs.You can follow classes (when this is agreed by your supervisor), but this is not mandatory.