The Netherlands is located in Western Europe. It is bordered to the west by the North Sea, in the south of Belgium and to the east of Germany. The Netherlands is a constitutional monarchy. That means that a king (in) Head of State and that the distribution of power is regulated by the Constitution. The famously open-minded Dutch way of life is just one of the attractions of the Netherlands, which also serves up an abundance of artistic attractions. Dutch society is strongly connected to other cultures, the world and the business community. This means that as a student you will take part in international classes. Holland in fact has more than 112,000 international students. Dutch people want to learn a lot from other cultures too. And that is really useful with foreign countries on the doorstep. This is practical not only for exporting Dutch cheese, flowers and other products but you too will benefit. You can be in another European country in no time. There is plenty to see in Holland, whether you’re strolling through town, making a boat trip on the canals or lakes, lazing on the beach or walking in the woods and dunes. Major international music stars regularly play at Dutch stadiums and smaller venues. Musicals and theatre are also very popular and with over 1,000 museums there is a lot to discover.
FACTS AND FIGURES
Your first impression of the cities where the Living Lab universities are located. Click the link for YouTube videos.
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE
Living Lab Biobased Brazil offers for free a number of biobased internships and biobased graduation internship projects. These projects take place at partner institutions, such as universities and companies. The Living Lab mediated not only between the student and the projects, but also for living accommodations. Like any other international project, an project via the Living Lab requires also a number of additional steps, and requirements besides the regular steps you from study. All the services of the Living Lab are free. To participate in the Living Lab project Biobased Brazil you must meet several requirements:
1. You are undergraduate (BSc) or (post)graduate (MSc) student at UFMG, UFV, UFSJ or PUC Minas;
2. Your passport is valid at least 6 months beyond planned date of departure from the Netherlands or Schengen area;
3. You must be enrolled at UFMG, UFV, UFSJ or PUC Minas during your period in the Netherlands;
4. We have set minimum language requirements for foreign students. The minimum English language prerequisite is: an academic IELTS test (or equivalent*) with an overall band score of at least 6.0. As a foreign student you must provide evidence of your language competences in the form of an official certificate: IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge ESOL or via a letter from a professor. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet these requirements. Minimum overall band score:
5. You can finance a stay in the Netherlands. Your sholarship/internship fee varies per project (€0 - €550). Please refer to the project description. For more information about daily expenses please see: https://www.studyinholland.nl/practical-matters/daily-expenses
6. The International Office must apply for your visa and/or residence permit on your behalf. In order to start this procedure you must have already been formally admitted to one of our study programs and:
a. Submit evidence that you have access to sufficient financial funds;
b. Submit a Tuberculosis Declaration and Criminal Record Declaration. You will receive the applicable forms from the International Office.
c. When you only want to do an internship in the Netherlands we have to enroll you for visa reasons in one of the study programs. You can follow classes (when this is agreed by your supervisor), but this is not mandatory.
7. The national fees for the visa/residence permit application are €317. The Dutch University of Applied Sciences requires you to transfer these fees to the their bank account before they submit the application to the Dutch immigration authorities.
Before you apply for a study program or internship project via Living Lab Biobased Brazil, make sure you have informed yourself about our rules and regulations. Here are the rules and regulations of Avans University of Applied Sciences leading unless otherwise is stated in the project description. Please download and read the most recent version of our Terms of Enrolment. All procedures, rules and regulations are available from the overview page on our Studentinfo website.
PROJECTS IN THE NETHERLANDS (€0 - €550)
Currently we do not offer any projects in the Netherlands. The projects for the start in September 2018 will be offered in March 2018.
APPLY FOR AN INTERNSHIP OR GRADUATION INTERNSHIP PROJECT
To apply for a project or multiple projects, you need to complete the survey. Applications outside this survey will be not processed. Keep in mind the application deadlines. We need to receive your application before 01/04 or 01/11. If you do not meet the given deadlines we cannot offer you any guarantees.
PLEASE CONTACT FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE OF UFMG, UFV, UFSJ OR PUC MINAS
Twice a year a call will be opened with Dutch projects for Brazilian students. The schedule below provides an overview of important parts and deadlines regarding the application procedure.
BLOGS BY OTHER BRAZILIAN STUDENTS WHO WENT TO THE NETHERLANS